Monday, February 22, 2010

1411 Tiger.

1411: yup that’s the number of tigers left alive in India.

Alarming ..isn’t it ??

After 6 days of rigorous chakki pissing when I switched on tv,the 1st thing was I saw a cub ( looked like those small animal soft toys that you get) waiting for its mother all day who has gone to bring him food . hes hungry , scared , lonely ..hes waiting ..and then the narrator asks : have you thought that his mother might not return again ???
Just then a loud sound of a roaring gun fills the wood …

That was heart wrenching 4 me !!

I have no special friendship with the tigers ….
It was once that I was once gifted a cub soft toy which I really liked …
One of my favourite novels ‘THE HUNGRY TIDE’ has so much about the tigers ..
And also I have childhood memories of my father telling us stories about ‘tejpur’ (assam) tea estate where tigers and other wild animals used to frequent the bunglows .
So, i am not taking up a cause or something ...
when the ad said , spread the message …I thought why not ask you guys to watch the video .


I am giving the link and not uploading it ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRwOgGn6OmQ

From around 40,000 at the turn of the last century, there are just 1411 tigers left in India. What started as a Royal Sport during the olden times is now a target of Poaching and Depleting Habitat. Our National Animal is fighting for its life!

The rich biodiversity and natural capital of India can be witnessed in the Tiger Sanctuaries. Knowledge of these sanctuaries helps build awareness for the cause.


Here is how you can help:-
(1) DONATE
Organizations such as WWF and The Corbett Foundation work for tiger conservation and need our active support. If possible, you can chip in with funds, volunteer for work or donate clothes, etc. for the forest guards by tying up with such organizations.
(2) BE A RESPONSIBLE TOURIST
Visit tiger sanctuaries and national parks and discover our country’s natural heritage. But please remember that the wilderness is to be experienced, not to be polluted by packets of chips, etc.
(3) Speak Up
Write a letter or an email to editors of popular newspapers and magazines, asking them to support the cause and highlight the urgency to save our tigers. The more people we can reach and inform, the stronger our roar will be.


We need to save the tigers and we can by those steps.Join the roar on aircel's website.I have also joined it.
JOIN THE ROAR

source- SAVE OUR TIGERS

Keep Visiting my blog for more

No comments: